This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.chicagohouse.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to and collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We collect information from you through our website in the following ways:
- Donations: If you click on Chicago House’s Donate button, you will be directed to a web page operated by NetworkForGood. We have partnered with NetworkForGood to securely process online credit card donations. You may obtain more information on NetworkForGood’s privacy practices at their website.
- Newsletter: On our website, you may also choose to sign up for our newsletter. The link to sign up for our website will take you to a web page operated by Constant Contact, where you may choose to enter your email address, first name, and last name. We do not associate or merge this personally-identifiable information with any of the information we collect through Google Analytics or StatCounter. You may choose to unsubscribe from our newsletter by clicking on an Unsubscribe link that is at the bottom of every email newsletter. You may obtain more information on Constant Contact’s privacy practices at their website.
- BirchPress Scheduler: Chicago House’s website also includes functionality, provided by BirchPress, allowing users to set up appointments for some of our HIV prevention services. If you use this Scheduler to set up an appointment, the information you submit through this application will be sent to a designated staff member on our Prevention Department Team. The information you submit is also visible to Chicago House website Administrators. If you do not want the information you submit to us to be used in this way, please do not use the Scheduler. As an alternative, you may also call our testing hotline if you would prefer to schedule an appointment for HIV testing in that way, at: 773-248-5200 x 380.
- Other contact: You may also use this website to directly email certain Chicago House personnel. We will use any information you provide us to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from Chicago House at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting Julie Christensen at 773-248-5200:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we our website partners collect sensitive information, such as credit card data, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We request information from you on our donation and ticket purchase forms. To purchase event tickets or make a donation, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.